Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification Training Course Online
Do you want to be qualified to teach the Lean Six Sigma methodologies, tools and applications in all functions and levels of a company?
What is a Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt?
Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belts (MBBs) are qualified to lead and educate all levels of an organization in Lean Six Sigma tools and methodologies. They provide guidance to leaders, aligning Lean Six Sigma projects with an organization’s business plan to further drive continuous improvement.
Master Black Belt Eligibility & Requirements
To become Juran MBB Certified, a candidate must be a Certified Black Belt. They should be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of the methods and tools, and defend them when reviewed by a MBB Certifier and Juran’s CEO.
The Juran MBB program is designed for candidates who can think strategically and have already attained Black Belt certification (as well as Green Belt and Yellow Belt). Candidates should be fully committed to becoming an evangelist for culture of excellence principles within their organization, while having a genuine desire to train and educate other leaders in the methodology.
Master Black Belts are inspirational leaders and innovators, always seeking new ways to align business practices with Lean Six Sigma and relentlessly seeking improvement across all processes and departments. Anyone looking to become a MBB requires a high level of drive and determination, not to mention an ability to absorb and understand complex problems.
Core Competencies of Certified Master Black Belt
- You must demonstrate the ability to teach, facilitate and communicate effectively through coaching and mentoring – leading to the successful completion of projects.
- You must show competence in the key examination areas.
- You must show technical proficiency with process improvement concepts and advanced tools.
- You must have strong analytic and problem-solving skills including the ability to recommend alternative solutions and translate complex concepts into simplified and understandable examples.
- You must demonstrate the ability to quickly understand a Black Belt’s projects and provide guidance/direction for next steps.
On-Site Training Also Available
While most organizations choose to complete the Master Black Belt program online, small groups often prefer to learn together. Get in touch to learn more about our on-site training options.
Master Black Belt certification runs throughout the year. For information on registration and pricing, please enter your details below.
Master Black Belt Certification Requirements
Training and certification for a Master Black Belt (MBB) candidate consists of the following:
1. Successfully complete all project work and training and submit all required summaries, examples, exercises, presentations and reports (electronic copy) to Juran Global.
2. Pass the Master Black Belt written examination. A score of 70% or higher is required to pass.
3. Submit the final project reports and case studies (electronic copy) to Juran Global.
4. Successfully complete an oral review/presentation of one completed project and illustrate how the case studies are to be used in a classroom setting. Attendees at the oral review include a senior Juran Global Master Black Belt and invited company manager(s) and professional(s).
5. Upon successful completion of the protocol and its requirements, the candidate receives Master Black Belt certification from Juran Global.
The candidate must present evidence of four completed improvement projects, including the initial projects completed prior to applying for the MBB Program. The projects may be presented as case studies, but must be suitable for use in training – i.e. with explanatory descriptions beyond PowerPoint slides, breakout exercises, etc. – to exemplify the use of the Lean or Six Sigma methodology and tools. The choice and completion of the case study must be approved by the Juran Certifier.
Master Black Belt Exam Topics
The training material in this certification is to help you prepare for your LSS Master Black Belt Exam and covers the following topics:
Find out if you meet the criteria
Master Black Belt certification runs throughout the year. Please speak to a representative for pricing.
Master Black Belt Frequently Asked Questions
Here we cover our most frequently asked questions.
Master Black Belt (MBB) certification adds a significant amount of value to individuals and organizations alike. As well as being a mark of career excellence – distinguishing exceptional leaders from mere great ones – the presence of MBBs in an organization can have a transformational impact on business processes and financial performance.
Certified MBBs will be fully grounded in Lean Six Sigma methodology, which is geared towards improving business performance through quality, reducing costs and creating continuous value for customers. Companies that practice Lean Six Sigma typically benefit from greater levels of customer loyalty, employee satisfaction and productivity, as well as better strategic planning and supply chain management.
By training other employees and departmental heads in Lean Six Sigma, MBBs can play an instrumental role in creating a culture of excellence and quality within their organizations.