Quality By Design Green Belt
Quality By Design Green Belt Course Description
Why should you take our Quality by Design Green Belt Program?
Quality by Design is part of the Quality Planning universal process of the Juran Trilogy. The Quality by Design Green Belt program introduces participants to the different methods to design new products. Included are DFSS, DMADV, Agile Design and our focus is on the Juran five D’s of the Quality by Design curriculum. In this program you will be instructed on how to use them to design a new product or service. The QbD workshop requires all participants to attend the online modules plus six live webinars spread over a 6-12 week period to allow participants to apply learning to their Quality by Design projects.
The five D’s are:
- Define the Opportunity (What are we designing)
- Discover Customer Needs (Who are we designing it for)
- Design product (What are the product features)
- Develop Process and Controls (What do we need to do differently to produce the features)
- Deliver Results (How do we monitor the results)
- Total Time: 17.2 hours
- Self Paced Learning: 10.7 hours
- Instructor Led Webinars: 6.5 hours
- CEU: # 1.72
- Price: $850 (Training) / $2,850(Training & Certification)
*The certification package includes everything you need to become a Juran Certified Quality By Design Green Belt! This includes 8 hours of personalized project coaching, exam, and oral project review.
On-Demand Now Available
Worried about missing a live webinar? Join our on-demand program for recorded live sessions, and a little bit of a discount! Simply select “On-Demand” in the Start Date box above!
Interested in this program for a team? We offer online, blended, and onsite training for Quality By Design. Fill out the form below to hear about how we can create a customized learning experience for your organization!Contact us for more details!
Interested in this program for a team?
What is involved in the Quality By Design Green Belt Program?
Learn more about what is involved in our Quality By Design training course.
- Certification Requirements
- Preparing to participate on a design project that is working to create innovative solutions (both goods and services) or processes that create the highest level of patient and customer satisfaction at optimal costs.
- Learning and applying the Quality by Design methods and tools.
- Mastering the QbD spreadsheets and matrices to deploy the voice of the customer through the design of new solutions.
- Obtaining a basic understanding of the Quality by Design method, tools and how to carry out a project.
- Completion of online training
- Passing of the Juran online examination with a score of 70% or better
- Successful completion of a design project
- Passing of an oral project review with a Juran Certifier
There are none.
Quality By Design Green Belt Program Topics
Here are the topics that will be covered throughout your training:
- Understanding the current gaps between customer needs and delivered services, products and processes
- Business case for QbD
- Principles and Phases of Innovative Design Thinking and QbD
- Create project charter
- Set project goals
- Define target customers and prioritize customers
- Discover the voice of customers and stakeholders – VOC/VOS)
- Use affinity method to group like needs
- Prioritize needs into Critical to Quality (CTQ)
- Transfer to Customer Needs Spreadsheet
- Prepare functional design
- Principles of innovation and design thinking
- Optimize product features and goals
- Prepare Detailed Design Spreadsheet of innovative features and target goals
- Conduct a Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Review the final product design with Stakeholders
- Develop high-level process designs
- Identify detailed process features and goals
- Optimize detailed process features and goals
- Prepare Process Design Spreadsheet
- Review the final process design with Stakeholders
- Identify CTQ control subjects
- Develop Feedback Loops and
- Mistake proof the process
- Develop Implementation Plans
- Implement plans and transfer to operating departments
- Validate transfer is working