Lean Expert Course Description
Why should you take our Lean Expert Program?
Juran’s Online Lean Expert Program is designed to train participants on how to use key Lean methods and tools to improve value streams and create value for customers. In this program you will learn how to:
- Lead with Lean
- Employ the key principles of what is valued-added in a process to attain value stream improvement in your organization
- Use diagnostic tools and techniques to identify and remove waste from your value streams
- Create current state and your improved future state value stream
- Construct and implement process controls to hold significant gains
- Achieve significant results that affect the bottom line
*Select the “Self-Paced” option from the Start Date menu below for a $350 discount.*
Our Public Program will launch once each quarter in 2022. We will begin our program in February, May, August, and November. You can select one of these options from the Start Date menu below.
- Course Type: Online Self Paced and Instructor Led Webinars
- Total Time: 16.25 hours
- CEU: # 1.625
- Price: $850 (Training) / $2,850(Training & Certification)
*The certification package includes everything you need to become a Certified Lean Expert! This includes 8 hours of personalized project coaching, exam, and oral project review.
On-Demand Now Available
Worried about missing a live webinar? Join our on-demand program for recorded live sessions, and a little bit of a discount! Simply select “On-Demand” in the Start Date box above!
Interested in this program for a team? We offer online, blended, and onsite training for Lean Expert. Fill out the form below to hear about how we can create a customized learning experience for your organization!Contact us for more details!
Request a Lean Expert Guide and Agenda
What is involved in the Lean Expert program?
Learn more about what is involved in our Lean Expert training course.
- Certification Requirements
- Identify what steps in your current process are value added versus wasteful.
- Understand how applying the lean methods and tools can positively impact the customer’s experience and your organization’s financial performance.
- Complete a value stream improvement project to showcase your newly learned skill and achieve operational and financial objectives.
- Completion of online training
- Passing of the Juran online examination with a score of 70% or better
- Successful completion of a value stream improvement project
- Passing of an oral project review with a Juran Certifier
There are none. All employees at all levels can apply the lean tools and techniques to identify and remove waste from their processes.
Lean Expert Course Topics
The program begins with self-paced learning on our learning platform, IMPRO, to give you a basic understanding of what needs to be learned, and then is augmented with live instructor-led webinars with a certified Juran instructor to reinforce learning points and provide onsite collaboration experience.
Throughout training and after, candidates work 1-on-1 in a mentorship program with their Juran Certified Coach to deliver a completed value stream improvement project. A completed project means using the appropriate methodology and tools correctly to achieve stated operational and financial objectives, as established in the project charters. Achieving results is critical and is a requirement for certification.
Hands-on Training Including:
- Project Team Members
- Leading with Lean vs. Six Sigma
- The Eight Wastes
- Defining Stakeholders and Critical to Quality (CTQ) Characteristics
- Pull Systems and Replenishment-based Production
- Measure and Plan for Customer Demand
- Value-Added vs. Non-Value-Added Analysis
- Value Stream Mapping (Current and Future States)
- Conducting Rapid Improvement Events
- 6S Implementation
- Quick Changeover (SMED)
- Pace, Takt Time, and Manpower Planning
- Mistake Proofing (Poka-Yoke)