Impact of Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Methodology
The Juran Roadmap and Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology provide a framework to assist organizations in attaining superior quality and sustainable results, while assuring financial returns. It does so by:
- Assuring that quality thinking becomes the way of doing business, creating a focus on customers and building customer loyalty.
- Applying proven quality tools to improve goods and services, and achieve breakthrough performance.
- Defining quality process performance metrics that tie to organizational goals.
- Creating a quality culture that is fun and provides a pragmatic way to achieve greater levels of process quality.
- Identifying projects to drive the improvement that will yield superior quality and sustainable results.
Lean Six Sigma DMAIC Model
Lean Six Sigma Superior Project Quality
Improvement happens “project by project.” A “project” can be best defined as a “problem scheduled for a solution.” This means management has decided it is important enough to schedule the resources it needs to get the problem solved.
There are many projects carried out in organizations such as:
- Improving employee and customer satisfaction
- Decreasing the time from order to shipment received
- Launching new services
A quality improvement project is a problem defined as a process, customer, or product issue that must be resolved to reduce waste, improve customer satisfaction, or improve quality levels (defects).
Successful projects follow the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC methodology:
For the past 75 years, Juran has been an industry leader in performance excellence. We are your on-demand team of trainers, coaches, and expert consultants. Built upon the philosophies laid out by Dr. Juran, the father of quality, we put you on the fast track to results by designing improvement initiatives that actually work. We aim to help all organizations achieve the highest quality of products, people, and processes, and we understand the importance of transferring our knowledge to your team to guarantee the success of your program in the future.